Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

A SLOVENIAN CLUB COACH CALLS NIGERIAN PLAYER “A BLACK IDIOT''

The Nigerian, Eleke has revealed that he felt bitter and pondered quitting the club after his coach Marko Nikolic called him a ‘black idiot’ in their 1-1 draw against Zavrc on Sunday, April 10. The 20-year-old was accused of celebrating for too long after levelling for the Slovenian league leaders at home to Zavrc.
Eleke said: “I considered so many things after the incident and I wanted to leave the club. But then there were rumours that the coach was on the verge of being sacked, but I don’t believe in an eye for an eye.
“Sometimes it’s better to just be calm and focused because when everybody is in support of you have to be cool too.
I didn’t want to be involved his exit at the club so I played my part and we all are fine now.
I have a goal to achieve and I won’t allow what happened deter my ambition as I’m a professional employed to score goals. “Winning the league is my priority and that’s why I joined the club.”



The ambitious coach, Marko Nikolac said his remarks about Eleke were not racist as he only wanted his team to conserve time and try to score a winning goal as they aim to reach the championship playoffs.
He said: “I wish to apologise to the to everyone – the President, the Sports Director, Blessing Eleke and finally all fans of Olimpija for an inadvertent remark, which when heard again on television later sounded very distasteful and worthy of condemnation.
“My only wish was that after the equaliser on 92 minutes, we should try to get the winning goal. My target is to reach the national championship playoffs and go on to win the championship. I would like to thank all the team for understanding that my remarks were not meant to be racist.”
On his part, the club president Milan Mandaric said: “The remarks of our coach were not racially motivated. He just wanted to win the game,” he defended.
“We are all focused on qualifying for the championship playoffs and going on to win the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2017, Fast Reporter Blog . Designed by Akpene Jacob.