Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2016

SERENA WILLIAMS THREATENS TO SUE WIMBLEDON ORGANIZERS.

Defending champion, Serena Williams who breezed through to the quarter finals of Wimbledon, threatens to sue the organizers of the competition owing to wet grass court.  At one stage in the first set the 34-year-old slipped at break point, before microphones picked her up a game later telling the umpire: 'If I get hurt I'm going to sue'.
She had just broken back against her opponent Svetlana Kuznetsova to level at 5-5 but was unhappy about continuing to play without the centre court roof on. 







When play resumed Serena Williams closed out the first set 7-5 before racing to victory against world number 14 Kuznetsova by winning the second 6-0.
Serena also had some tweets in her favour.


Williams spoke to the BBC after the match, she said: 'It was really good to win. She has played really well against me in the past and beat me earlier this year so I knew I had to play well to win.


'It was really tricky out there. It wasn't raining hard but was dewy and on the grass you can fall easy and then you think should I run or not and it became more difficult because of that.'




No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2017, Fast Reporter Blog . Designed by Akpene Jacob.